History - Paratonihof
According to dendrochronologic analysis the Paratoni farm was first built in 1232. Despite the various expansions and maintenance works over the centuries the original foundations have remained intact. During the 19th century, 4 different families with a total of 44 people lived in the farm house.Since 1975 the west wing has stood empty.
In 2011 Klaus Insam inherited the farm and began painstaking restoration work on the property which lasted 3 years. The work included taking apart, restoring and re-fitting the old ‘stube’. The Paratoni maso (farm house) is one of the oldest in the Alps and is a listed building.